TECC for Law Enforcement Officers (TECC-LEO)
TECC-LEO is a newly released course from the NAEMT which has replaced LEFR. This is an 8-hour scenario based skill course designed for law enforcement officers and non-medical responders. Check our the M.A.R.C.H. acronym below to see what students will learn in our course.
Massive Hemorrhage: Extremity bleeding is the number one cause of preventable death on the battlefield. A casualty has a much higher chance of survival the earlier bleeding is controlled.
In this course students will learn how to:
- Assess for bleeding and identify different types of bleeding.
- Quickly apply direct or proximal pressure
- Effectively apply a CoTCCC approved tourniquet.
- Application of a junctional tourniquet.
- Wound packing and pressure dressings.
- Visual and Physical Blood Sweeps.
This course will consist of 7 skill stations, Hyper-realism scenarios, and IFAK familizarization, and a written test.
This course can be taught as a mobile course and customized to the departments specifications. Contact us today to ask about our mobile training options. We will work with your department to determine what works.
This course is eligible for 8 hours of CAPCE continuing education credit to EMS providers.